I just installed a new printer on my old LMDE2 server and realized that we cannot install that printer by just installing the driver from Brother support website. If we install only the cupsndiswrapper, it will install the driver and we can add a new printer but we cannot print anything. We have to install the driver using Brother Utility program. BTW, I found a good documentation here.
Basically what I did was following:
1. Download the driver install tool from here. Just click on “Agree on the EULA and Download”.
2. Create a new folder for extraction:
3. Change directory to the newly created folder:
4. Move the downloaded file here:
mv ../linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.2-1.gz .
5. Extract the downloaded file:
6. Run the installer:
7. The installer will ask you about the device model, type in “hll2360dn”.
8. Follow the installation until you are asked about the device URI, for this I answered with ‘n’ for no because I use USB connection.
9. That’s it! Now you can add a new printer from “Printer Configuration”.